Most prehealth schools require 2 semesters of "English" or "writing intensive" courses.  

Trinity Students

The combination of Writing 101 and two intensive writing (W coded) courses for curriculum requirements should satisfy this requirement. AP credit is also accepted by most medical schools.

Pratt Students

You will complete Writing 101, but in the absence of AP credit, will need to add a second course. Since you are required to complete 5 courses selected from at least 3 Areas of Knowledge (ALP, CZ, FL and SS), you may be able to complete the "writing intensive" or "expository writing" requirement of some schools by taking one course that is coded "W". But you should check with the specific schools to which you're planning on applying to make certain that you understand exactly what their "English" or other writing course requirements are. It might be that the safe choice would be to enroll in an English course with a W code.