The current format of the PCAT includes the following subtests:
- Writing—conventions of language and problem solving (1 writing topic)
- Verbal Ability—analogies and sentence completion
- Biology—General Biology, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Chemistry—General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Basic Biochemistry Processes
- Reading Comprehension—comprehension, analysis and evaluation
- Quantitative Ability—Basic Math, Algebra, Probability & Statistics, Precalculus and Calculus
Please visit the AACP (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy) Pharmacy College Application Service—PharmCAS—where you will find information on testing and application requirements for Pharmacy school.
Visit PCAT Test Development to learn more about PCAT test structure and items included.
You may check the test date schedule, sign up for a test and take a practice test at the PCAT website.
We encourage you to register early since seating is on a first-come first-served basis.